Thursday, September 29, 2005

My First Entry

I'll be honest - I didn't do too much today intership wise. Today's thursday, and I've kinda been waiting for stuff to happen. I sent my resume to Bob Fox on Tuesday, and I haven't heard back from the accounting firm yet. I'm set to go to watch a Music Therapist on Monday, Missing class time. And on thursday, to at least observe the Lifetime Assistance Residents.

It makes me a little uncomfortable to be working with retarded adults - I've never done it before, but they seemed like nice people. I'm always up for new things, so I'll see how it works out. I can't wait for my other two possibilities - the one with BOCES and the one with Accounting - to work themselves out.

Until last year when I was exposed to kids ages 4-6, I never knew what it was like because, well, I'm an only child. I "had" a kid in a kindergarten class for my psychology class, and we spent two days with him. It was really cool. I met the occupational therapist that worked with my child - he was autistic, couldn't speak at the beg. of the year, and at the end he was using some words rather well. So I can't wait to work with kids and music. It seems awesome, if hard work.

I've always loved numbers, too. Its going to be so awesome if I can get an internship with accounting or some other form of number work, because it'll be like taking a vacation once a week. Numbers make sense to me.

On the bright side - I sent my resume on Tuesday. And I saw the man - Bruce Pennington - that is with lifetime assistance, today while I was working at the library. And the best part of today...a two hour nap, right in the middle of my day. I didn't sleep well last night because our power went out and the wind was howling horribly against my window.

That's all for now!

-Sam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home