Thursday, October 13, 2005

My second and third sessions with Lifetime Assistance

Well, I completely forgot to do this last week, and I didn't do too much, so its not too bad.

Last week I went to Lifetime Assistance and stayed from 10:30-11:45. The boss - Bruce - wasn't there, but I met the women who worked there and got to know some of the residents a bit better. Here's a list of the residents as I remember them -

LaMonte - he's an older man, one of two at the place. If they're not doing a craft, he cuts out coupons
Joanie - she's fun, probably the most vibrant one there
Donna L - She enjoys singing, rocking to the music, she's quiet. She has to use a walker to walk.
Donna - She's somewhere in between, she likes to have fun as well.
Richard - he's like the place's guard dog. He runs up to the door every few minutes saying "Whosherewhosherewhosehere?" And he loves to shake hands
Charlotte - she was doing something with making a picture with strings, I forget what its called, last time I was there, but she was tired today and spent most of the hour asleep.

Virgie - she's one of the "CIAs", as they put it, "an overrated babysitter" - but they have fun
Becky - she's another CIA
Terry - she's another CIA
Stephanie - I think she's a CIA as well, I haven't spoken to her much, she's younger than the others.

Today I stayed 10:30-11:30, and it was much of the same thing. I can't go next week because they're going bowling at 10:30 and I'm in class then. But the week after I can.

With the other Music Therapy dude, I haven't met him in person yet but I spoke to him yesterday. His name is Christopher Gold, and he works at the different BCS schools. He's calling me on Friday and interviewing for me for my Research Magazine, and I'm meeting him on Tuesday, 12:55, at the Barclay School Main Office. He has to call parents and make sure its ok that I'm observing.

I'm also looking into physical therapy, and of course, a business degree. My (eventual) goal is to open up some sort of small business, and the idea of opening a health/wellness center is appealing to me. I understand that will take time and money. However there are some merged programs that let a person get a master's of physical therapy in 5 years instead of 7 or 8.

Accounting - the firm is supposed to email me back, but I haven't heard anything yet.

That's all for now :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home