Tuesday, October 18, 2005

October 18, 2005

Where: Barclay and Ginther Schools, Brockport
How Long: From 12:50-3:15 PM
Who Was Present: Mr Christopher Gold, Music therapists, and three kids - Adam, Aiden, and Evan.

Chris Gold was very cool. He has a high voice, but he's married and has at least a daughter, I'm not sure about any other kids he has.

The first kid we had was Adam. He was shy and got distracted easy. Adam was born premature. Adam had a little guitar and Chris taught him "G" chord last time and "C" chord this time. They sang and worked on Adam's numbers - Chris taught him 14. We sang about the three little pigs. Each time you sing a hello and a goodbye song.

The second kid was at the Ginther school. His name was Aiden and he was very shy, in kindergarten. He was mostly nonverbal, and signed some. Most of that session was spent trying to get Aiden to interact and speak with Chris. Chris would sing and try to get Aiden to fill in the word that went next.

The third kid was also at the Ginther school. His name was Evan, and he was probably the most interactive of the three. He would make choices, and was still a little wary about singing, but filled in the words when cued.

On a sidenote, I met my old kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Roe. She got short.

Working with Mr. Gold was very fun. I guess someone worked with him last year - that may have been Matt? Rinaldi, the one who brought me on my campus tour for New Visions. Observing both Mr Gold and Ms Weatherall makes me wonder if I have the right qualities for the job. As Mr. Gold was working with Aiden and Evan, the two smaller children, he had to be very outgoing and active in trying to get the children to respond.

I don't have to go on Thursday with Lifetime as they are going bowling. I'd like to look at getting a physical therapy internship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home