Friday, December 16, 2005

Thursday, December 15

Thursday, December 15

What: First day of PT
Where: Agape PT
How Long: 10:30-12:30

It was pretty boring, to be honest. I met AJ, and Sherri, and a few others...Brian, a few patients. We're only allowed to observe, and it was a slow day. I stayed in the aquatic room and watched old people do their physical therapy exercises. Sheri showed me some of the equipment - they have an underwater treadmill! We mostly talked - about her kids, Christmas, the old people joined in, too. I only remember Carol and Alan, there were two more people that were in the pool while I was there. I left early because they didn't have any more appointments until 1:15, and the internship would have ended at 1:30. I also helped Brian fold some towels.

I still enjoyed watching. Sherri said a lot of it was paperwork, and they have to set goals for the patients just like during Music Therapy. I could see myself in a job like that because it was very easy going, the people were nice. You get to help people. I watch poor Chris and I cringe at all of the work he has to do, he rushes in between kids and does a million other things.

My (personal) goals in life do not involve my work. I want a job that's challenging and fulfilling, but I don't want to bring my work home with me. I have the Order of the Gecko to run. I have priestess work to do when I "Grow up". I plan on filling my not-working hours with volunteer work and religious work, as well as running the order. I can't do that if I have no free time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home