January 31, 2006
Last week... was exams and the beginning of the spring semester in college, so I didn't go to any of my internships. I did work briefly on the website, maybe a 1/2 hour, and added two more things. All that is left is to add an Update function, which is a pain in the butt because it has to be individualized for each type of submission. Fun stuff :)
Jan 31
Time: 1:30-3:00
Who: Me, Chris, Ketchell, Adam, Aidan - Evan went home, sick.
Ketchell did the same stuff - we made a book, we sang the book, we tried to get Ketchell to pay attention.
Adam - we made a word puzzle with him, questions:
Who do you live with?
Where do you live?
Why weren't you here last week?
What do you do after school?
I think there was another one. Adam , I'm pretty sure, missed me last time, because when he walked in, he walked up to me and said "Hello how are you today?" Which he never, ever, does, and he looked right at me. Maintaining eye contact and completing sentences is hard for all of the kids I get to work with. We sang the song, then (of course) sang it with the lights off.
Aiden - he was being brat-ish, but not too bad - he was sick and coughing, and probably not in the best of moods. I dinstinctly remember him picking his nose, wiping his mouth off with his hand and then touching Chris and I's hands, faces, and hair. Fun stuff. Aiden is adorable though, and he actually participated in some of the movements for periods of 5-10 seconds, which is better than originally, when he just sat there with his fingers in his mouth and stared. We sang hello, the movement song, five freckled frogs, mr. sun, in the jungle, the hokey pokey and goodbye.
I never realized how much I enjoy working with Evan, Aiden and Adam (not so much Ketchell, he's in his own world and I haven't worked with him as much as I did the others) until recently, when I was faced with the possibility of missing out on the sessions. Hopefully, I can stay there until the end of the year.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home